Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bilderberg related 2011 news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg Conference 2011: 9-12th June, Grand Hotel Kempinski, St. Moritz, Switzerland (home of the C21 Nazi loot)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marektysis
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: KOC PLAYS NATIONALISM AGAINST TURKISH NATION Reply with quote

we know the links between Ata Turk and the '"young Turkish movement'.
We know who was behind this movement.Now we learn that mr Koc is using the memorial of the father of Turkish nation against him, because
we all know he works with the forces of confusion.This is a special paradox
to be understood by a lot of people... Question i know the answer, and probably some turkishmen does as well than anti globalists...
Marek

The Rahmi M. Koç Museum in Istanbul has added new displays to its section featuring objects related to the founder of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

The addition was made to coincide with the May 19 Youth and Sports Day, which marks the date in 1919 when Atatürk launched the struggle for national independence.

As well as photos that have never before been revealed and March 1923 and February 1927 issues of TIME magazine featuring Atatürk on the cover, objects from Atatürk’s office, his personal belongings and clothing are among the new objects added to the section.

Among the never-seen-before photos of Atatürk, there are ones showing him working on the Yürüyen Köşk in Istanbul’s Yalova district and enjoying special moments drinking tea with his friends. There is also a carpet on which Atatürk is depicted thinking in Çanakkale’s Kocatepe.

Other new objects in the section include a souvenir Atatürk moneybox, cigarettes specially produced for state officials and figures symbolizing the War of the Independence that adorned desks in state departments until the 1970s
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=new-ataturk-objects-in-rahmi-m.-koc-museum-2011-05-19
marektysis

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: KISSINGER OBER BELGIUM AND ASIA: PARALLELS IN HISTORY... Reply with quote

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/83af62ac-80d3-11e0-8351-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1MvY1QbmI

To whom should we look for guidance, in the toils of our Afghan perplexities? Well, obviously, the Duke of Wellington. So at any rate Henry Kissinger thinks. Don’t go imagining this has anything to do with the Indian empire, either. Ten minutes into our conversation he remarked that policymakers should be thinking … Belgium. Yes, Belgium. Pausing for a moment between observations delivered with a rumble so basso that it automatically sounds ­profundo, the Doctor waited to see if the history professor would get it.

And suddenly I sort of did. Never mind the weird vision of the Hindu Kush relocated to the Flemish mud, both have been states that have never quite been made; theatres of contending languages and faiths, doormats for unscrupulous neighbours – the Scheldt! the Meuse! Waziristan! “Throughout the 18th century and earlier,” Kissinger resumes, like a patient tutor, “armies had marched up and down through Flanders.” As indeed they had, triggering appalling, endless wars. What was Wellington’s answer, at the dawn of Belgian independence in the early 19th century? Internationally agreed neutrality. “It lasted for 80 years.” We should be so lucky, the Doctor implies, with Afghanistan.

EDITOR’S CHOICE
The not-so-ditzy one - May-20Olympian heights - May-20My perestroika generation - May-20Interview: Kofi Annan - May-13Kofi Annan hits at west over Libya - May-13Lest we forget - May-13At 87, Henry Kissinger, who has an epic and, in some places, surprisingly moving book out on China, is history, but certainly not in the sense of past and gone. Quite the opposite. In his office at Kissinger Associates in midtown Manhattan, he invites me to sit on his left, advising that one eye no longer works as well as it should. But there is precious little evidence of much other infirmity. The wavy hair is snowy, the broad face is more lined but the analytical mind is still razor-keen, delivering serial judgments at a steadily thoughtful pace; the reflections of an old magus, Yoda rescripted by Machiavelli. Kissinger lives, technically, in Manhattan and Connecticut but his real abode seems to be in a Parnassus of classical statecraft, where, on a daily basis, Bismarck tips his hat to Metternich while a somnolent Talleyrand, from beneath powdered wig, winks knowingly at Zhou Enlai.

There are good and not so good aspects of this lofty perch from which he surveys the panorama of national foibles. On the one hand, the Olympian prospect enables Kissinger to see the bigger picture. On the other hand, a lifetime’s immersion in the studious formalities of official business, the diplomatic obligation of wariness, has planed his conversation smooth of the knots and scuffs of the human condition. In the China book, though, human reality is very much present in his warts-and-all portraits of Mao and Zhou, Deng and Ziang Zemin. Kissinger chuckles deeply, as if gargling with pebbles, when he remembers the aged Mao, not going gentle, declaring theatrically that “God will not want me,” or insisting that he wanted to be “cursed”, to prove that even at the end he was imperially potent enough to provoke fear and rage.

On the fall-out from Afghanistan: ‘An India-Pakistan war becomes more probable. Eventually,’ he says, his voice a deep pond of calm
I have tried my best not to like Henry Kissinger for the usual Nixon-Cambodia-Chile reasons, but more than once I’ve been comprehensively disarmed. Seventeen years ago I was assigned the review of his book Diplomacy, which I anticipated would be an eye-opener about the culture of the craft; the ways in which momentous decisions can turn on picayune matters of ostensibly trivial protocol. I had in mind the lengthy debate, at once absurd and weighty, over the shape of the table in the Vietnam peace talks in Paris. Were there not telegrams whose poor wording triggered disaster? Cocktail party fiascos that had turned into international incidents? Instead, Diplomacy turned out to be a fairly conventional but elegant narrative of 19th-century foreign policy; the statecraft of the grandees of European power. In its way it was just fine: often illuminating, especially about Bismarck, on whom Kissinger had done much research at Harvard, and the 1815 Congress of Vienna, which had been the centrepiece of his A World Restored, still the best thing on its subject. I said as much in the review, while regretting the missing sociology of diplomatic practice.

A week or so after the review appeared the phone rang. The courteous voice was deep, dark and German. Oh sure, I thought. Two days earlier a mischievous friend had impersonated Kissinger on the phone convincingly enough to dupe me into believing I was being berated for the review, before I got wise to the trick. When a second call came, I was on the verge of answering with my own, pretty good, Nixon impression before realising, in the nick of time, that this was, in fact, the actual Doctor, expressing a polite mystification about the sort of book I had wanted him to write and asking me if I would consider explaining more fully in person? After the deep breath I thought, hell, why not? At the front door of his apartment, I told myself: this might be a bad idea, but it was too late. With one hand Kissinger (rather than the expected Manhattan flunky) hospitably opened the door and – this was the moment of disarmament – with the other dropped a dog biscuit into the open and appreciative mouth of a floppy hound. Wars have been averted with less.

Disconcertingly, nearly 20 years later, Kissinger remembered the incident (his memory remains prodigious), continuing the Schama-Disarmament programme by telling me that he’d tried to incorporate some of the insights I had wanted in his new China book. Caught off balance by the light touch of the flattery, I recalled that I had indeed noticed passages that dealt with the display of Chinese power as a kind of cultural performance: the banquets, the toasts, the exquisite calibration, inherited from imperial precedents, as to how and when foreign envoys might be admitted to an audience with The Chairman. Without this shrewd attentiveness to what he nails as “hospitality as an aspect of strategy” Kissinger believes the opening to China might never have happened; and the world would be a very different place.

The China book, then, is different from anything Kissinger has hitherto essayed in print: a journey towards cultural empathy by two powers that seemed, at the outset, prohibitively ill-equipped to acquire that knowledge. Looking at Nixon and Mao, listening to their utterances, they should have been the oddest of odd couples. But paving the way for the “quasi-alliance” were Kissinger and Zhou Enlai, and the heart of the book is the story of their personal rapprochement, born of a mutual effort to understand an alien and incomprehensible culture.

. . .
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/83af62ac-80d3-11e0-8351-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1MvXdoOMx
marektysis

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: THOMAS ENDERS IN CHINA Reply with quote

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/7386292.html
marektysis

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: DISCUSSIONS AROUND THE HONEYPOT OF IMF... Reply with quote

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/24/imf-us-hormats-idUSPISOGE7OR20110524
marektysis

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: while DOHA CYCLE NEARLY DEAD IN TWO MONTHS... Reply with quote

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market-news-story.aspx?storyid=201105241915dowjonesdjonline000376&title=lack-of-political-leadership-risks-doha-roundreport
marektysis

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: thomas enders at the bourget airshow 20-26 june2011 Reply with quote

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/24/airbus-idUSWEA295520110524
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: GUEST (THE ECONOMIST) ABOUT BILDERBERG... Reply with quote

Who are the global elite? What kind of influence do they wield? Is big money more commanding than big ideas? What is the value of blood connections and are those conspiracy theories about the Bilderberg group true? MANDY DE WAAL speaks to Robert Guest, whose investigation into global leadership for The Economist offers insights of how money and influence among the über-elite is shifting.
Every year about 130 of the world’s most influential global leaders, diplomats, capitalists, economists, intellectuals and media owners meet at a secure luxury location for off-the-record discussions. Called the Bilderberg Meetings among 2010’s “cabal” were Bill Gates, Finland’s minister of finance Jyrki Katainen, Henry Kissinger, Eric Schmidt of Google, Craig Mundie who heads up research and strategy for Microsoft and The World Bank’s Robert Zoellick.

Over the years Bilderbergers have included the likes of Bill Clinton, Prince Charles, Colin Powell, Queen Beatrix, Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher. Bilderberg founder Denis Healy tells a great story about Thatcher’s first appearance at the exclusive group in the mid-1970s before she became a world politician.

Thatcher sat through her first gathering without uttering a word. After complaints about her silence – this was, after all, an elite gathering of talking heads – Healy appealed to the “iron lady” and the next day she addressed the gathering for three minutes in true Thatcher style. “As a result of that speech, David Rockefeller and Henry Kissinger and the other Americans fell in love with her,” says Healy. “They brought her over to America, took her around in limousines and introduced her to everyone.” Four years later Thatcher was elected prime minister of the UK. Obviously Thatcher led a great campaign that won her election, but clearly the Bilderberg connections didn’t hurt her.

The Bilderberg Meetings fuel as much interest from conspiracy theorists as the death of JFK or the hypothesis that the world is controlled by reptiles that shape shift. But what’s certain is that the changing list of participants invited over the years shows a shift in the type of influential elites invited to attend. This change supports Robert Guest’s theory that the global elite is becoming more meritocratic.

Photo: People protest against the Bilderberg meeting in central Barcelona June 5, 2010. The Bilderberg Group is an unofficial conference of around 130 invitation-only guests who are insiders in politics, banking, business, military and the media. The group's meetings are held in secret and are closed to the public. The placard reads "Not the new world order, Bilderberg murderers" REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino

Business editor for The Economist, Guest says that during the past century the biggest change in the world’s elite is a move toward meritocracy. “The richest people in advanced countries are not aristocrats, but entrepreneurs like Bill Gates,” says Guest, who adds that the most influential are those whose inventions, like Facebook, change lives or people whose ideas are the most persuasive.

“There’s this notion that corporations are more powerful than governments, which is rubbish. They can only maintain their position by constantly improving on what they are selling. In a democracy people have the opportunity to change governments every four years or so. At Walmart millions of people are voting for the retailer literally every minute. This shift in power is huge and isn’t widely understood. There are, of course, exceptions to this, particularly in the financial arena, where banks have been supported by the state. But governments should stop this because competition cedes power to consumers. Some banker’s fortunes are made at taxpayers’ expense, but in most industries consumers call the shots and competition forces companies to do their bidding.

“The big question is, does the global elite serve the masses? To a large extent it does,” says Guest. “The power of a lot of the most important people in the democratic countries depends on them pleasing a lot of ordinary people. As soon as they stop pleasing people in mature democracies, they get thrown out of power. In the old days great fortunes were often inherited, but these days just about everybody on the Forbes list is self-made. And entrepreneurs generally make money by providing good services at prices that people want to pay.”

When the Forbes Richest List first started close on 100 years ago it was well populated by names of American families renowned for their wealth, like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt. Today the world’s richest man is Carlos Slim Helú, a Mexican telecommunications magnate whose business interests are said to be worth about $74 billion. That’s $18 billion more than Bill Gates and $24 billion more than Warren Buffett, the world’s second and third richest men.

Slim was taught business by his father who was an immigrant trader. By the age of 12 he had bought his first shares in a Mexican bank. Fifty-five years later The Wall Street Journal ran a cover story on him saying he was possibly richer than Bill Gates. By March 2007 Slim had eclipsed Warren Buffet. A couple of months later he really was richer than Gates.

Slim might be the richest man in the world, but is he influential and does lucre readily translate into clout that counts? Guest says Slim’s fortunes were largely built off the back of government connections and that cash seldom buys political power, but can purchase a megaphone. “America is often caricatured as a country where the government is up for sale. Rich candidates can buy airtime and can occasionally win power, but very often this flops as evidenced by the examples of Ross Perot, Mitt Romney and Steve Forbes.”

Watch Robert Guest talking about the global elite on YouTube:

The vulgar truth about wealth is money can’t buy people’s love. “This is why Barack Obama was so successful. It wasn’t money that was causing the groundswell, but the politician and his ideas. In international affairs a lot of rich countries try to take money and influence policy in other countries, but it doesn’t work. The US lavished funds on Pakistan, yet Pakistan was still hiding Osama bin Laden near a Pakistani military academy. People need to want to do your bidding and this is why influence, power and cooperation often trump dollars and cents,” says Guest.

Another example of where cash is outclassed is in the realm of ideas. “The strongest force shaping politics is not blood or money, but ideas,” says Guest. “The big movements of the past century – communism, fascism, democracy, liberalism – have all been propelled by big ideas, good and bad. So the people who influence government the most are often those who generate compelling ideas or supply them to the right politicians at the right time.”

Guest speaks about American think-tanks that are based within walking distance of the US congress. “When people lose power they will go into the think-tanks and plot ways to get their thinking into action. They will try to influence decisions, particularly smaller decisions where, if you can present arguments convincingly, you can change the way people implement things. The think-tank culture is much more evolved in the US than in other countries.”

He explains that in the US there is a much richer appreciation of constitutional history where intellectuals challenge politicking against standards set by Washington or Jefferson. “In the UK nobody thinks further back than Churchill. Americans are much more used to the idea of giving money to intellectuals. Even people who aren’t rich give money to universities or schools for research so there is a very vibrant intellectual life.”

The Harvard Kennedy School of Government is a good example of the influence of ideas. “People who have passed through the Harvard Kennedy School include the president of The World Bank, the prime minister of Singapore and the presidents of Mexico, Liberia and Mongolia. The head of the Chinese civil service also went to Harvard Kennedy, and he’s the head of the organisation that decides who gets deployed where in China’s civil sector. What’s interesting is many of these people represent parts of the world where democracy hasn’t taken root. Then there’s the matter that many of the global elite send their children to American universities which means there’s a growing appreciation for democratic ideas,” says Guest.

Agendas and ideas driven by the global elite are also obviously traded at the world’s “water coolers” where top leaders meet and engage with each other. These forums include the World Economic Forum at Davos, the Trilateral Commission, the Boao meetings in China, and of course the Bilderberg Meetings. Does anything of consequence happen at these meetings? You bet! Guest says at Davos in 1988 the prime ministers of Greece and Turkey met and signed a declaration that could have averted a war. He says there are countless more examples.

How big is the global elite? This depends on how you measure elitism, but money is the easiest because it is the more tangible meter. “The richest 1% of adults control 43% of the world’s assets. The bottom 50% have only 2%.” The world’s rich obviously have influence in the areas they own or fund like business, academia, charities and to a lesser extent politics.

Could you become a member of the global elite and swan around at Davos or be invited to Bilderberg? Although the odds are incredibly high, it is possible if you are clever enough. “As technology advances, the rewards to cleverness increase,” says Guest. “All kinds of talent are rewarded,” he says “But the number of people who get rich by singing or kicking a ball is tiny compared with the number who become wealthy or influential through brainpower.” DM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more:

•Robert Guest’s special report on global leadership for The Economist;
•Read The Economist debate – “Does the global elite serve the masses?”
•The Rise of the New Global Elite in The Atlantic;
•Charlie Skelton's Bilderberg files at the Guardian;
•The Bilderberg "Blackout" in Slate;
•Forbes’ List of the world’s billionaires;
•Forbes’ List of the world’s most powerful people;

•Listen to an audio report on the global elite at The Economist.
http://www.thedailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-05-26-how-really-powerful-are-the-people-with-brains-and-money
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: KISSINGER WANTS CHINA TO MAKE PEACE IN AFGHANISTAN Reply with quote

A few words of explanation. Further than a torrent of words printed,
the article is a good sum up of the actual situation in the area.
Pakistan wants to come in Afganistan, as its history as always shown.
With the Ossama affair, the regime giving support to Saudia Arabia
through Prince Bandar has to be supported by a mega power; China.
So logically, Kissinger is starting from a reality principe to think what is expressed here and that you 'll never find in your daily paper..

Marek tysis

*Kissinger wants China’s participation in Afghan peace efforts
Monitoring report
Thursday, May 26, 2011
RAWALPINDI: Former US Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, has said peace efforts in Afghanistan without China’s participation would be futile. He has predicted an increased probability of a war between India and Pakistan.

Henry Kissinger expressed these views in an interview published in Financial Times on May 20. “Without China’s active participation, any attempts to immunise Afghanistan against terrorism would be futile. This may be a tall order, since the Russians and the Chinese are getting a “free ride” on US engagement, which contains the jihadism which in central Asia and Xinjiang threatens their own security,” Kissinger said. He continued: “So was it, in retrospect, a good idea for Barack Obama to have announced that this coming July will see the beginning of a military drawdown? The question triggers a Vietnam flashback. I know from personal experience that once you start a drawdown, the road from there is inexorable. We found ourselves in a position where to maintain a free choice for the population in South Vietnam we had to keep withdrawing troops, thereby reducing the incentive for the very negotiations in which I was engaged. We will find the same challenge in Afghanistan.”

Kissinger further said, “I wrote a memorandum to Nixon which said that in the beginning of the withdrawal it will be like salted peanuts; the more you eat, the more you want.” According to Kissinger, the prospects for Afghanistan are grimmer than anything anyone has yet imagined, where the presence or absence of al-Qaeda will be the least of its problems. What might happen, he says, is a de facto partition, with India and Russia reconstituting the Northern Alliance, and Pakistan hooked to Taliban as a backstop against their own encirclement.

“Suddenly, spring goes chilly. The prospect looms of a centennial commemoration of the First World War through a half-awake re-enactment. Not Belgium but Sarajevo. Think proxy half-states; the paranoia of encirclement; the bristling arsenals, in this case nuclear; the nervous, beleaguered Pakistanis lashing out in passive-aggressive insecurity. And an India-Pakistan war becomes more probable, eventually,” says Kissinger, his voice a deep pond of calm.

He believes that “some kind of international process in which these issues are discussed might generate enough restraints so that Pakistan does not feel itself encircled by India and doesn’t see a strategic reserve in the Taliban. Is it possible to do this? I don’t know. But I know if we let matters drift this could become the Balkans of the next world war.”
http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=6259&Cat=13&dt=5/26/2011
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: DE CASTRIES: TURKEY AN INTERESTING MARKET... Reply with quote

Henri de Castries, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of the Axa Group, said on Wednesday that Turkey was a promising market.

AA

ISTANBUL- "We want to double our investments in Turkey," de Castries said while addressing a meeting in Istanbul where 350 CEOs of Axa convened.

In an exclusive interview with the A.A correspondent, de Castries gave information about insurance sector in Turkey and targets of Axa.

He said Axa was aiming at growth particularly in areas of household insurance, accident insurance, and life insurance, "Turkey is one of the most important economies in Asia, Central and East Europe and the Mediterranean region. We have been operating in Turkey for 10 years. We see Turkey as a very strong economy in the future. We are pleased over the results of Axa Turkey. We win new customers as our operations are competitive."

De Castries said although all the sector lost money, the accounting profit of Axa insurance was posted at 87.3 million lira after the taxes.

Axa CEO underlined the importance the company felt to future of Turkey's economy.

25 May 2011
http://en.cumhuriyet.com/?hn=247006
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: FUTURE BIG MIDDEN EAST IS TAKING SHAPE Reply with quote

World Bank okays $6b lending to support Egypt, Tunisia
WASHINGTON World Bank President Robert Zoellick on Tuesday unveiled $6 billion in new funding for Tunisia and Egypt to help them transform their economies and attract investment in the aftermath of mass protests.

Zoellick said a meeting of Group of Eight industrial powers in Deauville, France, starting on Thursday, will discuss transitions sweeping the Middle East and North Africa (Mena).

He said it was important financial support that translates into all-inclusive growth, less corruption and jobs.

The World Bank package includes budget support as well as lending to shore up the private sector and encourage new investment through political insurance coverage.

“My primary interest is to try to help these countries undertake the reforms that get them back to market,” Zoellick told a conference call.

Zoellick said the G8 could help by promoting foreign direct investment and trade with countries in the region.

The World Bank is working closely with the IMF, which is overseeing a separate funding package focused on stabilising the economy, and budget and reserve shortfalls, he said.

An IMF mission is currently in Egypt looking at financing needs. Egyptian government officials have estimated a $10-12 billion funding gap over the next two years amid a sharp drop in revenue from tourism and investment.

The World Bank on Tuesday cut its 2011 forecasts for growth in Mena to 3.6 per cent — below the 5 per cent it previously projected for the year.

For Egypt, the World Bank plans to lend $4.5 billion over the next 24 months, including $1 billion this year in budget support and another $1 billion next year, depending on how far political and economic reforms have advanced.

The remaining $2.5 billion will be invested in development projects in Egypt, lending to support the private sector, and political risk guarantees.

Egypt has drawn down its net international reserves by $6 billion to finance a balance of payments gap exasperated by the political turmoil.
http://www.omantribune.com/index.php?page=news&id=92324&heading=Business
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: HUMANISM IS THE WORD OF WOLD BANK WITH PHILANTROPHISM Reply with quote

Decisively, World Bank under Zoellick is in fight with philantropist Gates about Africa, although both are Bilderbergers; while bilderberger Strauss Kahn was trying to ameliore the women conditions in the US hotels.
What a wonderful world as was singing poor Louis Armstrong in company
of pianist Nixon....
Marek Tysis
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aid to women farmers could help alleviate global food crisis
By Eva Clayton - 05/26/11 10:08 AM ET

As budget battles continue on Capitol Hill, some officials are calling for reductions in foreign aid and development programs. Before broadly slashing such assistance, it’s important to individually evaluate its effectiveness.

Constructive aid can do two important things: improve living conditions of women around the world and help alleviate the global food crisis.

On the other hand, poorly run or misguided assistance can actually be counterproductive in ameliorating the nutrition outlook of the 1 billion people worldwide who are already undernourished.

Consider the positive work of institutions such as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Each executes admirable job building programs with an emphasis on women farmers.

In contrast, the World Bank under President Robert Zoellick has been slow to embrace the potential for female farmers, especially small farmers, to play a key role in alleviating the world’s worsening food problems.

Increasing gender equality in poor countries such Asia, Africa, and Latin America can make a significant difference to food security and to broader economic development. According to FAO’s 2011 “Women in Agriculture” report, 43 percent of the agriculture labor force in developing countries is female. Women work in agriculture sectors including crop development, livestock management, forestry and fisheries.

When women farmers use the same level of capital, equipment and technology, they achieve the same yield levels as men. Unfortunately, inequities between men and women farmers in developing countries remain. Female farmers lack equal access to production resources, land, livestock, financial services, markets, training and technology.

The inequitable reality makes some recent moves by the World Bank so disappointing.

The World Bank’s purpose is to reduce poverty and to improve the living standards of the people in low and middle-income countries. Supporting female farmers in tropical regions would go a long way toward boosting agriculture yields and empowering women. Yet during its April 2011 D.C. meeting to discuss, among other things, world food prices, the World Bank largely ignored the role women and small entrepreneurs can play in the developing world to improve food security.

One area where the World Bank could play a beneficial role is in support for women working in plantation-scale agriculture, particularly of palm oil. While less well known in America, palm oil provides a critical food additive and cooking oil for much of the developing world. In comparison to fruit and vegetable oils, the oil palm offers much higher yields – generating unparalleled economic returns and health benefits for poor communities.

Due to pressure regarding deforestation, the World Bank has been hesitant to support palm oil agriculture in recent years and has imposed incredible amounts of red tape and other obstacles to limit plantation agriculture.

Ironically, the primary driver of deforestation in the developing world is extreme poverty – the very thing sustainable palm oil development would amend. A thriving agriculture sector – with women playing a vital role and made possible by Bank support – would actually be an ecological triumph as well.

Indeed, evidence demonstrates palm oil farming gives women in particular a huge boost. Female farmers in Brazil, for example, saw their profits increase from $170 a month to $2,500 a month when they began farming palm oil.

The World Bank is asking for a big increase in funding from the U.S. Congress. After Zoellick lobbied for increased support, Treasury Secretary Geithner worked to provide the World Bank with a capital increase of $586 million – approximately $117 million a year for five years. Given these additional funds, it’s a good time for Congress to insist on greater accountability and better policy.

In a time of deep fiscal anxiety, it’s understandable that foreign aid would come under scrutiny. But as the experience of women in poor countries demonstrates, a little capital goes a long way. From a humanitarian perspective, there’s no bigger return on investment. Our Congress is encouraged “not to be penny wise and pound foolish” when considering our foreign aid, given the great return on the small investment.

Eva Clayton is a former Democratic member of Congress from North Carolina (1992-2003) and was assistant director general of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (2003-2006).
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/foreign-policy/163437-aid-to-poor-women-farmers-can-help-alleviate-global-food-crisis
marektysis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: SUTHERLAND; TRADE TALKS MUST HAVE AN END Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/sutherland-says-trade-talks-need-real-progress-by-july/2011/05/25/AGy0Z7AH_video.html
marektysis

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: THE WORLD IS LITTLE..FROM AIR FRANCE TO BILDERBERG... Reply with quote

Two Air France Passenger Names Probed for Terror Links
Official: Air France crash investigators will be able to ID bodies
Share |
( - Sandy Williams Thursday, May 26, 2011
From Winnie Andrews, CNN
May 24, 2011
cnn.com

Paris (CNN)—French air crash investigators expect to be able to identify two bodies recovered this month from an Air France crash that killed 228 people two years ago, an official close to the investigation told CNN Tuesday.

Having recovered enough DNA to know they will be able to identify the victims, police launched a new operation Saturday to bring up more bodies from the wreck on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, the official said.

Everyone on board Air France 447 was killed when the plane mysteriously dropped out of the sky en route from Brazil to France on June 1, 2009.

Two Air France Passenger Names Probed for Terror Links
foxnews.com

Two names on doomed Air France Flight 447’s passenger list also appear on a list of radical Muslims considered a threat to France, according to French investigators.

Air France
Ruder Finn Inc. is the public relations firm for Air France.

Note: Nancy Glick is the EVP for Ruder Finn Inc., was the press officer for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and a director at the Friends of the World Food Program.

Margaret A. Hamburg is the commissioner for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and a VP at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank).

Ted Turner is the co-chairman of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank), the founder of CNN, the director emeritus for the United Nations Association, and the chairman of the United Nations Foundation.

William J. McDonough is the co-chairman at the United Nations Association, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Pierre Lellouche is the co founder of the French Institute for International Affairs, a member of the French National Assembly, and a director at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank).[AND BILDERBERG TOO]

Dominique Strauss-Kahn was a member of the French National Assembly.
[AND BILDERBERG TOO]
Warren E. Buffett is an adviser for the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank).[A FRIEND OF BILL GATES BILDERBERGER ]

Igor S. Ivanov is a director at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank), and a board member for the International Crisis Group.[GROUP BELONGING TO THE NETWORK OF BILDERBERG]

George Soros is a board member for the International Crisis Group.[BILDERBERG AND INFAMOUS NAZI OFFICERS FRIEND]

Kofi A. Annan is a board member for the International Crisis Group, a director at the United Nations Foundation, and a trustee at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank).[BELONGING TO THE BILDERBERG NETWORK]

Jessica Tuchman Mathews[BILDERBERG] is a director at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (think tank), a board member for the International Crisis Group, a member of the Trilateral Commission (think tank), a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), the president of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank), a director at the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank), was an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Ed Griffin’s interview with Norman Dodd in 1982
(The investigation into the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace uncovered the plans for population control by involving the United States in war)
lluminati-news.com

NORMAN DODD: So then, in 1909, they raised the second question and discussed it, namely: “How do we involve the United States in a war?”

Well, I doubt at that time if there was any subject more removed from the thinking of most of the people of this country than its involvement in a war. There were intermittent shows in the Balkans, but I doubt very much if many people even knew where the Balkans were. Then, finally, they answered that question as follows: “We must control the State Department.” That very naturally raises the question of how do we do that? And they answer it by saying: “We must take over and control the diplomatic machinery of this country.” And, finally, they resolve to aim at that as an objective.

Donald Kennedy was a trustee at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank), and a commissioner at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

James F. Collins is a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank), an honorary director, director at the U.S.-Russia Business Council, and was a senior advisor at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP.

Daniel R. Glickman was a senior adviser for Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP, the chairman & CEO for the Motion Picture Association of America, and is the vice chairman for the Friends of the World Food Program.

Christopher J. Dodd is the chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America.

Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP is the lobby firm for the Motion Picture Association of America.

Vernon E. Jordan Jr. is of counsel at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP, an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), Valerie B. Jarrett’s great uncle, a director at the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP is the lobby firm for the United Arab Emirates.

William A. Rugh was the United Arab Emirates U.S. ambassador, and is a director at the Middle East Policy Council.

Chas. W. Freeman Jr. is the president of the Middle East Policy Council, a trustee at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank), was a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), Saudi Arabia U.S. ambassador, and the principal deputy assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of State.

Richard N. Haass was a senior associate for the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (think tank), the director of policy planning for the U.S. Department of State, a VP at the Brookings Institution (think tank), and is the president of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank).
[BILDERBERG TOO]
Thomas S. Foley is a partner at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), and an executive committee member for the Trilateral Commission (think tank).

Martin S. Feldstein is a director at the Trilateral Commission (think tank), was a director at the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Klaus Kleinfeld is a member of the Trilateral Commission (think tank), a trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), the chairman of the U.S.-Russia Business Council, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

James A. Johnson is a member of the Trilateral Commission (think tank), a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), a member of the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Haim Saban is a trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), and the benefactor for the Saban Center for Middle East Policy.

Saban Center for Middle East Policy is a policy center at the Brookings Institution (think tank), and was a research center at the Brookings Institution (think tank).

Mark B. McClellan was a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution (think tank), and a commissioner for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Cyrus F. Freidheim Jr. is an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), a member of the Commercial Club of Chicago, and an honorary life director at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.

William M. Daley is a member of the Commercial Club of Chicago, Mayor Richard M. Daley’s brother, the chief of staff for the Barack Obama administration, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), and a director at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.

Michelle Obama is a director at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, married to Barack Obama, a friend of Valerie B. Jarrett, was a lawyer at Sidley Austin LLP, and Mayor Richard M. Daley’s staffer.

Barack Obama is married to Michelle Obama, and was an intern at Sidley Austin LLP.

R. Eden Martin is counsel at Sidley Austin LLP, and the president of the Commercial Club of Chicago.

Richard M. Daley is William M. Daley’s brother, a member of the Commercial Club of Chicago, the Chicago (IL) mayor, Michelle Obama was his staffer, and Valerie B. Jarrett was his deputy chief of staff.

Valerie B. Jarrett was Mayor Richard M. Daley’s deputy chief of staff, is a friend of Michelle Obama, a member of the Commercial Club of Chicago, the senior adviser for the Barack Obama administration, and her great uncle is Vernon E. Jordan Jr.[BILDERBERG]

Rahm I. Emanuel is a member of the Commercial Club of Chicago, was the White House chief of staff for the Barack Obama administration, and Ari Emanuel is his brother.

Commercial Club of Chicago, Members Directory
commercialclubchicago.org

Ari Emanuel is Rahm I. Emanuel’s brother, a trustee at the American Film Institute, and the co-CEO & director for William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.

Daniel R. Glickman is a trustee at the American Film Institute, and the vice chairman for the Friends of the World Food Program.

Condoleezza Rice is a client of the William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, a trustee at the Aspen Institute (think tank), a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), an overseer at the International Rescue Committee, was the secretary for the U.S. Department of State, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Henry A. Kissinger was a lifetime trustee at the Aspen Institute (think tank), the secretary for the U.S. Department of State, is a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), an overseer at the International Rescue Committee, a director at the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank) and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Madeleine K. Albright is a trustee at the Aspen Institute (think tank), a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), an overseer at the International Rescue Committee, a director at the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), a professor at Georgetown University, a director at the National Democratic Institute (think tank), a friend of Susan E. Rice, was the secretary for the U.S. Department of State, and the chairman for the National Democratic Institute (think tank).

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding was a center at Georgetown University.

Alwaleed bin Talal is the benefactor at the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, the Saudi Arabia prince, and his uncle is Abdallah Bin Abd Al-Aziz Al Saud.

Abdallah Bin Abd Al-Aziz Al Saud is Alwaleed bin Talal’s uncle, the king of Saudi Arabia, and the benefactor for the Middle East Policy Council.

Martha Neff Kessler is a director at the Middle East Policy Council, and a member of the Cosmos Club.

Chester A. Crocker is a professor at Georgetown University, a member of the Cosmos Club, was an assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of State, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Emmett J. Rice is a member of the Cosmos Club, Susan E. Rice’s father, was a member of the Federal Reserve Board, and the U.S. alternative director for reconstruction & development for the World Bank.

Ben S. Bernanke is the chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Robert S. McNamara was the president of the World Bank, a member of the Cosmos Club, a lifetime trustee at the Aspen Institute (think tank), an honorary director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), and an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank).

James D. Wolfensohn was the president of the World Bank, is an honorary trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), an overseer at the International Rescue Committee, a director at the National Democratic Institute (think tank), a director at the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Susan E. Rice is a friend of Madeleine K. Albright, Emmett J. Rice’s daughter, was a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution (think tank), a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), an assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of State, and a director at the National Democratic Institute (think tank).

Tom Daschle is a director at the National Democratic Institute (think tank), was a special policy adviser at Alston & Bird, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Marc Scheineson is a lobbyist for Alston & Bird, and was the associate commissioner for legislative affairs for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Christopher J. Dodd is a senior advisory committee member at the National Democratic Institute (think tank), the chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America, and his wife is Jackie Clegg Dodd.

Jackie Clegg Dodd is married to Christopher J. Dodd, and was the vice chairman & first VP for the Export-Import Bank of the US.

John D. Macomber was the chairman & president of the Export-Import Bank of the US, and is a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank).

William H. Draper III was a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), and the chairman of the Export-Import Bank of the US.

James H. Lambright was the chairman & president for the Export-Import Bank of the US, a VP at Credit Suisse First Boston, is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), and the interim chief investment officer for the 2008-2010 financial bailout.

Frank P. Quattrone was the head of global technology at Credit Suisse First Boston, and is Eric E. Schmidt’s adviser.

Eric E. Schmidt’s adviser is Frank P. Quattrone, is the chairman of the New America Foundation, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Kati Marton is a director at the New America Foundation, an overseer at the International Rescue Committee, and was married to Richard C. Holbrooke.

Richard C. Holbrooke was the vice chairman for Credit Suisse First Boston, married to Kati Marton, a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), a director at the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), an assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of State, the special envoy to Afghanistan, Pakistan for the U.S. Department of State, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Kathy Bloomgarden was a director at the Atlantic Council of the United States (think tank), is the co-CEO for Ruder Finn Inc., her brother is Peter Finn, her father is David Finn, and a director at the Partnership for New York City.

Peter Finn is Kathy Bloomgarden’s sister, David Finn’s son, and the co-CEO for Ruder Finn Inc.

David Finn is Kathy Bloomgarden and Peter Finn’s father, and the chairman of Ruder Finn Inc.

Ruder Finn Inc. is the public relations firm for Air France.

David Rockefeller was the founding chairman for the Partnership for New York City, a director at the American Friends of Bilderberg (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Henry R. Kravis is a director at the Partnership for New York City, a director at the Council on Foreign Relations (think tank), and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Klaus Kleinfeld is a director at the Partnership for New York City, a member of the Trilateral Commission (think tank), a trustee at the Brookings Institution (think tank), the chairman of the U.S.-Russia Business Council, and a 2008 Bilderberg conference participant (think tank).

Frank G. Wisner was a friend of Richard C. Holbrooke, and is an foreign affairs adviser for Patton Boggs LLP.

Ron Christie was of counsel at Patton Boggs LLP, and the VP & director of global government affairs for Ruder Finn Inc.

Nancy Glick is the EVP for Ruder Finn Inc., was a director at the Friends of the World Food Program, and the press officer for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration

[HAVE YOU NOTICED ANYTHING SPECIAL BETWEEN THESE PERSONS?]

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/36908

COMMENTS BETWEEN HOOKS BY MAREK TYSIS[...]
MT
marektysis

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: SCARONI AND RHE RUSSIANS Reply with quote

A Russian charm offensive in the pipeline wars
May 27, 2011 3:23 pm by Joshua Chaffin

In the corridors of Brussels’ elegant Stanhope Hotel on Wednesday afternoon, the well-turned-out movers-and-shakers of the European energy world were marvelling at the sizeable budget and high-profile guest list for the event they were attending.

Soon to share a dais were Günther Oettinger, the European energy commissioner; his Russian counterpart, Sergey Shmatko; Alexei Miller, the chairman of Russia’s Gazprom; and Paolo Scaroni, the chief executive of Italy’s Eni. The ballroom was appointed with flat-screen video monitors and rows of chairs with corporate gift boxes.

The event was a sort of a Brussels coming-out party (and charm offensive) for South Stream, a Gazprom-backed pipeline project that aims to carry Russian and Caspian gas under the Black Sea to Bulgaria, where it would then fork off to Italy and Austria. South Stream’s backers, which include Eni, and now BASF, are due to decide next year whether or not to push ahead with the €15.5bn investment necessary to complete the sprawling project.

There is one big problem hanging over South Stream: it is a direct competitor to the rival Nabucco pipeline backed by the European Commission. For the Commission, the great appeal of Nabucco is that it would bring Azeri gas to Europe while skirting Russia and Ukraine, thus helping to ease Europe’s dependence on its biggest supplier and transit country, both of which have proven dangerously unreliable in the past.

In Brussels, officials tend to regard South Stream warily as a spoiler devised to thwart Nabucco and extend Russia’s dominance over the European energy market. Hence the fancy party, and the determination to prove that South Stream might be something else.

One after another, Miller, Scaroni and others took turns praising its virtues, arguing that their pipeline would be essential to help quench an ever-increasing European demand for gas, particularly at a time when nuclear energy appears to be in retreat.

Oettinger, whose remarks were the most anticipated, proceeded cautiously, explaining that he had come to the event “to listen and to learn.” South Stream gas could help Europe’s goal of diversification by tapping into new supplies and a new transit route, he conceded. He also promised that the EU would not impose undue administrative burdens on the project.

But, to the disappointment of his hosts, the commissioner insisted that the EU would enforce its energy liberalisation rules on any pipeline crossing into its territory. Those rules would require Gazprom to open South Stream to independent suppliers, something the vertically-integrated Russian company is loath to do.

Undaunted, the project’s advocates pressed the case that Europe had nothing to fear from Russia. Shmatko argued that the two parties were, in fact, inter-dependent, since Europe was Russia’s biggest energy customer. In a well-tuned historical reference, he argued that such mutual dependence was at the heart of the peaceful bargain that France and Germany struck when they launched the EU.

Miller, meanwhile, insisted that Gazprom’s pipeline investments were not a threat to EU projects, but a sign of its commitment to be a truly reliable supplier. “In the 21st century, we can supply as much gas to Europe as Europe will demand,” he promised.

The business case for South Stream certainly seems more appealing at a time when Nabucco is being plagued by doubts about its projected costs and whether its backers can round up enough gas to fill the pipe. Just last month, they announced a one-year delay to the project.

Oettinger, however, left early. The most significant message of the afternoon might have come from someone who was not even in the room: it was an email from the commissioner’s assistant, which arrived in the middle of the South Stream presentation, reminding reporters: “EU strategy has not changed. Southern Corridor – including Nabucco – is EU priority.”

Related reading:

Energy Source – FT blog

http://blogs.ft.com/brusselsblog/2011/05/pipeline-politics-in-brussels/
marektysis

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: 25 MAY: JOURNEY OF BILDT IN ISTANBUL WITH GERMAN MARSHALL Reply with quote

International Press Centre
Press release
25 May 2011
Ministry for Foreign Affairs

Carl Bildt to Turkey to discuss developments in Middle East and North Africa
Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt is to take part in the meeting of the German Marshall Fund's Trilateral Strategy Group in Istanbul tomorrow, Thursday 26 May. The theme of the conference is 'Trilateral Perspectives on Power and Prosperity'.

Mr Bildt will give an opening address on Thursday morning, and then lead a lunch discussion on the theme of 'Revolutions in the Middle East and North Africa - Trilateral Implications'.

Mr Bildt will be available to the media. Please contact Press Secretary Anna Charlotta Johansson for details.

Contact
http://www.sweden.gov.se/sb/d/14759/a/169423

Note of Marek: the German Marshall Fund was actively involved in the
former Great Midden east strategy of mr Bush.
This give evidence of the instrumentation of the revolts in Lybia, Egypt,etc.. for the profit of the Nato interests.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg Conference 2011: 9-12th June, Grand Hotel Kempinski, St. Moritz, Switzerland (home of the C21 Nazi loot) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 8 of 30

Jump to: