Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parliamentary lobby journalists' masonic lodges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Mason Free discussion forum - Law, War and Politics: They Used Dark Forces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Parliamentary lobby journalists' masonic lodges Reply with quote

Freemasonry in the lobby
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/blog/2006/02/23/freemasonry-in-the-lobby/

Posted by Martin Stabe on 23 February 2006 at 04:40pm

Writing in the New Statesman, associate editor Kevin Maguire of the Daily Mirror notes the Masonic goings-on in the Parliamentary press gallery:

I read in the minutes of the parliamentary press pinny boys the names of an old Times hand, a couple of ex-Express scribes and my former boss at the Press Association news wire, yet disappointingly none of the Gallery galacticos.

Word was that the masons operated two lobby lodges, so perhaps chapter 1928 is the retirees. Anyone who’d like to peruse what this funny-handshake brigade got up to at their 366th convocation should get in touch.

Surely Maguire refers to the minutes of lobby hacks’ Masonic lodge, which, as our very own Axegrinder recently reported, were accidentally e-mailed to MPs by former Daily Express political editor Rob Gibson.

Maguire should get in touch with Paul Linford, who noted that the Westminster hacks’ Masonic lodge was a major topic of gossip during his time as a lobby correspondent.

Parliament Squared
http://paullinford.blogspot.com/2006/01/parliament-squared.html
As an ex-lobby man, this story from the Axe Grinder column in this week's Press Gazette brought a smile to my face...

"Fleet Street veteran Rob Gibson, has learnt the hard way about the dangers of email.

The former Daily Express political editor and dedicated fund-raiser for journalists' charity the NPF now runs the highly regarded Gallery News at the House of Commons. Gibson sends out stories daily to a host of outlets, including MPs at Westminster.

Unfortunately, Gibson sent out one email in error last week that was a little too "exclusive".

To the great man's consternation, it contained the minutes of the latest meeting of his Masonic lodge. Now there's open government for you."

The extent of masonry within the lobby - and the Palace of Westminster as a whole - was a constant source of mischievous speculation during my time there.

Correspondents were frequently baffled to find the chairs in the Lobby Room rearranged with one facing the wrong way - a seating arrangement consistent with the masonic initiation ritual in which the candidate sits blindfolded with his back to the room.

On one memorable occasion, a notorious wind-up merchant in the regional lobby put out a spoof tannoy for the Secretary of the Press Gallery Freemasons' Lodge - such a body does exist.

It was answered by a very well-known Sunday newspaper political editor, who maintained he was simply curious as to who was on the other end of the line.....

Parliamentary Lodge numbers
MPs at Westminster have had their own Masonic lodge since 1929, but the lobby journalists' lodge dates back to 1881. According to Martin Short in Inside the Brotherhood (p.582):

Concern [about the influence of Freemasonry in Parliament] has never been reported by Britain's Parliamentary press. Its silence may have something to do with the fact that a second lodge operates in the Palace of Westminster. Thirty-eight years before MPs had their own New Welcome Lodge [no. 1539], the press lobby had set up the Gallery Lodge (no. 1928).
shannoni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas on how to redecorate my living room so it looks like a lodge?
I'm feeling like doing a fix it project in my house. I want to make my living room look like a lodge. I'm not really wanting to put up fake wood paneling because I don't want to seem too white trashy (the house is already a mobile home, but it's a newer one). Any ideas on how to do this and make it look kind of classy and not like the typical mobile home?

Last edited by shannoni on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Mason Free discussion forum - Law, War and Politics: They Used Dark Forces All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: